Boston University College of Engineering
Assistant Director of Communications
10/2016–Present | Boston, MA
- Directs college-wide digital strategy, encompassing all web and social media properties.
Supervises high value projects, including student recruitment pieces, video production, and research materials.
- Directs digital recruitment efforts, works with vendors to manage SEO campaigns for graduate programs.
- Develops print and email reputation campaigns targeted at peer institutions and influencers, including chairs, deans, and university presidents.
- Contributes material to ENGineer, the biannual magazine of the College of Engineering.
Boston University College of Fine Arts, Department of Communications
Digital Media Specialist/Web Producer
8/2012–Present | Boston, MA
- Establishes strategy and benchmarks College of Fine Arts website and all online properties.
- Heads College of Fine Arts Web Team, an interdepartmental content strategy group focused on collaboration and skill-sharing.
- Devised #myCFA campaign. Formulates social media strategy and digital marketing initiatives around increasing prospective student/donor engagement for College of Fine Arts. Maximizes online relationships with social influencers, particularly notable alumni including Uzo Aduba, Jason Alexander, Michael Chiklis, Sara Chase, and Julianne Moore.
- Conceptualizes and directs digital audio and video content creation.
- Works with College of Fine Arts leadership to envision a brand strategy that is responsive and innovative.
- Contracts with outside SEO vendors to maximize visibility of the college.
Boston University College of Fine Arts, Visual Arts Resource Library
2008–2011 | Boston, MA
Visual Resource Librarian
- Lead day-to-day operations of the Visual Arts Resource Library, mentored and supervised direct reports, including graduate and student assistants.
- Taught seminars in resume writing, professional presentation, and photography. Offered individual coaching sessions for career-focused artists.
- Developed and maintained School of Visual Arts website, established social media presence for the school.
- Managed and programmed the Artist Development Series, an event-driven initiative focused on supporting emerging artists through workshops and talks.
- Oversaw email communications program promoting exhibitions and special events to targeted groups, including young alumni and prospective donors.
2007-2008 | Boston, MA
- Digitized rare books from the Boston Library Consortium for the Internet Archive, including the personal collection of John Adams.
- Taught new scanners methods of handling rare materials, and best practices for producing high resolution scans.
- Worked with software engineers to improve scanning software and image quality.
2006-2007 | Lockbourne, OH
- Directed the traffic flow of high resolution scans for one of the world’s largest online image repositories.
- Lead photographer for specialty items, original artworks and serigraphs.
- Monitored and evaluated image production team. Established benchmarks for image presentation.
KMK Consulting (For Ohio Historic Preservation Office)
- Led research team for the East Side Architectural Survey in Delaware, Ohio.
- Generated site reports for Ohio Historic Preservation database, including high-resolution digital copies of archival photographs and documents.
- Worked with client to define timetable and performance metrics for project.
National Museums Liverpool
2004-2005 | Liverpool, UK
Curatorial Assistant-Decorative Arts Department
- Member of curatorial team for Age of Jazz: British Art Deco Ceramics, a large-scale decorative arts exhibition held at the Walker Art Gallery.
- Wrote museum labels and catalogue entries for exhibition, as well as temporary exhibitions and new acquisitions. Documented and organized historically significant collections, digitized records.
- Worked with education department to develop programming relevant to local history collections.
University of Manchester
Master of Arts, Art Gallery and Museum Studies
Thesis: Staging Art to Imitate Life: The Use and Implications of Dramatic Narrative in Decorative Arts Display
Thesis Received with Distinction
Bachelor of Arts, English and Creative Writing